Saturday, June 27, 2015

The Fault In Our Stars

This book is incredibly popular right now, and I think that may be one of the reasons it took me so long to actually decide to read it. I had heard so much about it, and figured I already knew the story. I was very, very wrong.

The Fault in Our Stars is about a girl named Hazel, who has cancer. She meets a boy named Augustus, who also had cancer. They become really close, and the book follows them and their story. Usually I don't really enjoy love stories. I feel like they all follow the same plot (Girl meets boy. Girl and boy fall in love. Girl and boy fight. Girl and boy make up and promise never to fight again. Girl and boy fight again). The Fault in Our Stars was a beautiful exception to what I'm going to call my realistic fiction stereotype.

Upon re-reading, I've decided that I like the way John Green writes. It's different and refreshing. I could relate to Hazel, even though I don't have cancer. It made me happy that this wasn't a book written to make people pity those who have cancer, but to show that they are people just like everyone else. 

Overall, I really enjoyed the story. I would recommend it to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment