Saturday, June 27, 2015

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (the fifth one in the series, in case anyone wants to know) is actually one of my favorites in the series. My second-favorite, to be exact. (It got beat out by Deathly Hallows. Barely.) This book also happens to be the longest in the series. Please don't let this intimidate you. It really is a great one.

A lot of people don't like Order of the Phoenix because they say it's "too long," or "boring." I STRONGLY disagree. Two of my favorite characters in the series are Fred and George, and I feel like they are highly involved in this book. I also came to like Peeves in Order of the Phoenix, whereas I just kind of tolerated him before. (If you've only seen the movies, you have no idea who Peeves is. Read the books.) I HATE Umbridge. More than Voldemort. It's that bad. I hate her, but I think she's a great character. I've read books where there are characters I hate and feel like they should have not been included in the story at all, but Umbridge isn't one of them.

Sorry that took up a whole paragraph, but Umbridge is a MAJOR part of the book. The other characters are great. Harry shows awesome leadership skills, Hermione is coming up with great ideas, and Ron is… Ron. Dumbledore's army is great. 

The ending of the book was done really well. Of course I won't reveal anything, but it's good.

Would I recommend this book? OF COURSE! You will probably want to read the first, second, third, and fourth book before this one though. (I recommend reading them in that order.) Seriously, though, if you haven't read this series, you need to. You are depriving yourself of something magical and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment