Saturday, June 27, 2015

Shadow and bone

Alina is a solider in a mythical land called Ravka. She grew up in an orphanage with her best friend, Mal (FYI, Mal is a guy. It doesn't sound a lot like a boy name, but rest assured he is a male). The kingdom of Ravka is split into two parts by the Shadow Fold. The Shadow Fold is basically a giant mass of Darkness hovering over a lake in the middle of the kingdom. There are strange creatures in the Shadow Fold called the Volcra. One day Alina and Mal have to travel with the rest of their unit across the Shadow Fold to trade with the western side of the kingdom. During the journey, the Volcra attack. Alina and Mal are both wounded, Mal severely. Alina is then able to channel a power that will change her life forever.

Reading over that, I made the book sound incredibly corny. I promise the author does much better than I did while telling the story. I was surprised by how much I liked the book. When I was at the library and it caught my eye. I checked it out and took it home, thinking I would just read it in my spare time. As soon as I started I could not put the book down. It was amazing! I recommend it to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment